Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Out of the Dark (2014)

Director: Lluís Quílez

Stars: Julia Stiles, Scott Speedman, Stephen Rea

A young family moves to South America as the wife takes over her father's manufacturing plant in the area. They soon find themselves haunted by the ghosts of young children, leading them to a dark history and sinister behavior on the part of an American company.

There is nothing scary or really thrilling about this movie. I mean, the thought of your child being taken away from you is frightening, but that is it. Just the idea of it is scary, but not in the movie. The movie really drags for just too long. This movie is more of a drama with a horrorish/thriller towards the end of it.

I was surprised by the cast. I thought it was going to be better than it was. Julia Stiles was decent in the movie. She is not the best actress, but she is at least good at it. Scott Speedman has that good looking screen presents that is really hard to find. He was not bad in the movie. I just think that there was a problem with the script more than anything else.


I was just not impressed with this movie at all. It was nothing more than a disappointment. I would not recommend this movie to anyone to watch, unless you are just desperate for something to watch. I watched it, so you don't have to.



Out of the Dark (2014) Trailer

No comments: