Saturday, July 22, 2017

Why Him? (2016)

Director: John Hamburg

Stars: Zoey Deutch, James Franco, Tangie Ambrose, Cedric the Entertainer, Bryan Cranston, Megan 
Mullally, Adam Devine, Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley

Over the holidays, Ned, an overprotective but loving dad and his family visit his daughter at Stanford, where he meets his biggest nightmare: her well-meaning but socially awkward Silicon Valley millionaire boyfriend, Laird. The rivalry develops, and Ned's panic level goes through the roof when he finds himself lost in this glamorous high-tech world and learns that Laird is about to pop the question.

I was so surprised by how much I liked this movie. I was thinking that this was going to be the worst movie that I would sit through. I was really wrong. I actually recommended this to others, and they were all surprised by what I said. The trailer looked so stupid that it did not even seem worth watching the trailer again.

This was a pretty funny movie. There was some slap stick crap in the movie that was okay. It was the awkwardness and the dialogue that made this movie funny. There are some really funny moments in this movie. This movie shows what those loser trendy unpopular douche bags do when they get lots of money.

The cast for this movie was really good. Bryan Cranston was great as the father. He is always solid. Cedric the Entertainer could have been completely left out. Anyone could have play that part. It was not really that important. The real star of the movie is Megan Mullally. She was so funny in the movie. I am a big fan of her. She really made this movie. James Franco needs to stop. He is the reason that I and too many others did not want to watch this movie. He is the most overrated actor that there is in Hollywood. He was perfect for this role. It seemed a bit too natural for him.

This is one of those movies that is worth watching once. I know, I was surprised as well. It is out there all over easy and cheap to watch. Enjoy.

Why Him? (2016) Trailer

No comments: