Thursday, July 27, 2017

Pitch Black (2000)

Director: David Twohy

Stars: Radha Mitchell, Cole Hauser, Vin Diesel, Keith David

When their ship crashes on an unexplored planet, the survivors of the crash soon discover that this planet that is normally always day is going to soon be in a state of eclipse that will bring out deadly nocturnal creatures. Will a prison convict being transported on the ship end up being the one man who can lead the survivors off the planet?

I know that a lot of people love this movie. I just do not understand why. I was just not that impressed with the movie at all. It was a bit boring to me. I just did not get the movie or the story at all. In my opinion, the entire story is just to survive and try to leave this planet. That is it. For some people that is enough, but it just was not for me.

The monsters in this movie were not bad at all. They did look similar to other alien creatures that I have seen in other movies. They were still scary, but they are on another planet. That fact right there makes the fear lessen. You do not have to worry about ever seeing them on Earth.

The cast is what really killed this movie for me. Vin Diesel cannot act. I do not know who started him out as an actor, but they should be fired. He has mainly only one tone of voice for this movie, like it is in most of his other movies. He is just monotone the whole time, except when he yells. There is nothing more than that in all of his movies. He is just one note. I know why is used so much in movies, even though they are mostly just action movies, women think that he is hot and sexy. I really do not see that at all. I will save you from my true opinion of him. It is not good. The rest of the cast was forgettable. Vin Diesel killed the rest of the performances, so I just did not notice them as much.

I was not a fan of this movie at all. I know there are tons of people out there that love this movie. I was just not that impressed with it at all. Enjoy.

Pitch Black (2000) Trailer

No comments: