Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Kong: Skull Island (2017)

Director: Jordan Vogt-Roberts

Stars: Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L. Jackson, Brie Larson, John C. Reilly, John Goodman

Scientists, soldiers and adventurers unite to explore a mythical, uncharted island in the Pacific Ocean. Cut off from everything they know, they venture into the domain of the mighty Kong, igniting the ultimate battle between man and nature. As their mission of discovery soon becomes one of survival, they must fight to escape from a primal world where humanity does not belong.

I was just absolutely blown away by this movie. I was not expecting much from this movie. It just seemed like most movies now days. They throw millions on millions of dollars at a movie, just to ruin it. They normally kill most movies by doing too much to it or casting the movie wrong. They got it right for this one. I was so surprised and relieved by the production of the movie. There was nothing really cheesy about this movie at all.

First of all, they changed the story from all of the previous versions of King Kong. I liked this story so much better than the other ones. The changes to the story made the movie better, and it kept the story more realistic. The changes in the story made you be able to wrap yourself around the story and believe in what is happening in the movie. I was not mad at all.

The cast for the movie was fine. I really had no complaints with any of them at all. Tom Hiddleston was fine in the movie. He was not really the star of the movie, but he was good in his role. It was honestly a role that almost anyone could play. Samuel L. Jackson was the crazy military black guy in the movie, because all movies like this need one? I guess so. He was fine. It was a bit military over the top, but I thought it play well for the movie. The biggest worry was John C. Reilly. For the past several years, he is the idiot dumb guy in the movie, when he came from good solid indie movies. I was just scared that he was going to be that weird, creepy and stupid guy in the movie trying to be funny, but he was fine in the movie. He was just a man that was completely out of touch the what was going on in the world. John Goodman is one of those actors that does almost not wrong in my book. He was great in this movie as he is in almost every movie.

The look of this movie was the best. The cinematography for the movie at times was jaw dropping. There are some shots in this movie that were so well thought out. I literally rewound some of the scenes or paused the movie to look at those scenes. Those scenes were that amazing to see. I know that most of them were created because of the special effects, but still it took time a insight to be about to create those shots for the movie. You will see them, if you really watch the movie closely.

Lastly, the special effects are top notch for this movie. The look of Kong and the other creatures that were in the movie are awesome. The creation of the giant spider and the other animals blended so well with the scenery that you almost thought it was all real. They looked so good that you bought into the story. Kong was impressive as hell. They just flat out did him justice. I was amazed by all of it.

I know I did not give too much detail on the movie. I did not want to ruin any part of it for you. I was shocked and surprised through the whole movie, because I knew nothing about it. If you have not scene this movie yet, then you really need to . It is well worth watching. I think it is even worth picking up a copy to add to your collection. Enjoy.

Kong: Skull Island (2017) Trailer

No comments: