Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Jack and Jill (2011)

Director: Dennis Dugan

Stars: Adam Sandler, Katie Holmes, Al Pacino, David Spade, Nick Swardson, Tim Meadows, Norm MacDonald, Dana Carvey

Jack Sadelstein is a successful advertising executive in Los Angeles with a beautiful wife and kids, who dreads one event each year: the Thanksgiving visit of his identical twin sister Jill. Jill's neediness and passive-aggressiveness is maddening to Jack, turning his normally tranquil life upside down.

This movie has lots of bad reviews. They say that the older Sandler gets the worse his movies are. I do not really get that though. I was not that big of a fan of his early movies. It seemed like they were for teenagers and college males. It was mainly low brow humor. Now since he has children of his own, he acts like more of an adult, and you can see it in his movies. The humor is more adult and smarter. I hate to say it, but it is more family friendly.

The cast was a pick of Sandler's best friend's list. Sandler was great in the movie playing both parts. The crazy part was how good and a bit normal he looked as a woman. He could have a sister like that. I mean it looked like a real person. Katie Holmes was about average in the movie. I mean she just blended along with the rest of the cast. I did not understand at all why in the hell Al Pacino was in the movie playing himself. It just did not fit at all. It seemed like for that section of the movie, they were just drawing straws to make a complete story.

I thought this movie was pretty funny. There were some parts that were a little too slap sticky for me, but it was not bad enough that it kills the movie. I thought this movie was better than others said it was. I mean it is a more family comedy, so what do you really expect. Give it a chance at least once. Enjoy.

Jack and Jill (2011) Trailer

No comments: