Thursday, June 15, 2017

4th Man Out (2015)

Director: Andrew Nackman

Stars: Parker Young, Evan Todd, Chord Overstreet, Jon Gabrus

After celebrating his 24th birthday, a mechanic decides to tell his three buddies that he is gay. They work to handle the change and help their best friend find a man.

This movie was not like the normal coming out story. Adam is not the typical gay man at all. He does not look or act gay at all. He is even a mechanic. You know the kind that works on car and trucks. 

This is not a quality that I have seen in any other gay movie at all. They always throw in every single stereotype that there is for a gay character. In this movie, the writer left all of that crap out, and just made a character that was gay and nothing more.

Okay, there were some gay stereotypes in the movie, but they were the ones that were thrown at the main character Adam. That was all that his friends knew of, so they just went with all of the gay stereotypes that they all knew of. It made for the funnier parts of the movie.

This was a gay movie targeted toward a gay audience. With the main character acting so straight and masculine throughout the entire movie, I'm sure that turn a lot of people off. Gay men would think that the creators of the movie would want gay men to act and seem more straight, like their main character. Statements like that have been made from other movies before in the past.

I thought the cast was really good for the movie. Most of the cast I was not familiar with at all. I had not even seen their faces in anything else, that I remember. Well, Chord Overstreet was from Glee. He was the only one that I knew of in the whole movie. The cast was still good though.

I liked this movie. I thought it was so much better than I thought it was going to be. The story was there, and I could relate to it on some levels. The cast was good. It is a movie that needs to be watched by all, not just gay people. If you have not seen this movie, then you should give it a chance. Enjoy.

4th Man Out (2015) Trailer

No comments: