Monday, March 20, 2017

Cool World (1992)

Director: Ralph Bakshi

Stars: Gabriel Byrne, Kim Basinger, Brad Pitt

After a bizarre incident, Frank Harris is transported into the cartoon realm of Cool World, where he remains the only human among various animated characters for years. Eventually, artist Jack Deebs also enters Cool World and sets his lustful sights on his own creation, a blond bombshell named Holli Would. However, excessive intermingling between cartoons and humans is said to lead to dire consequences, a risk Jack seems ready to take.

I think this one of the worst movies that I have ever seen. This movie was a more adult version of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?". It was such a rip off. If you are wanting to  steal an idea from a movie, you need to create a better movie. They just made a movie/cartoon that was more about a man wanting to have sex with a cartoon woman he created. It was just too weird.

The worst part of the movie was all of the sexual references that filled the movie. These references were mainly made by the extra cartoon characters that were in the background of the scenes. It was just too many and too much of it for a movie dealing with cartoons. You know that there were a lot of kids that watch this movie. Okay, it would be different if all of these sexual lines and scenes added to the story in some way, but they do not at all. There is no reason for all of these references at all.

The cast is what really killed it for me. This movie has a most terrible cast. This movie was early in Brad Pitt's career. These were the years that he acted the same in every single movie. Not good at all. Gabriel Byrne is a bit over rated in my book. I mean he is not a bad actor at all. I'm a fan of several movies that he is in. The worst in the movie is Kim Basinger. She is awful in this movie. This is just my opinion, but I think she is pretty bad all around. No, there are a few good movies that she is in, but for the most part, I just can do without her.

This is one of those movies that I say skip it. It is not worth watching at all, not even if you are really bored. This is just a bad movie. I was so looking forward to this movie ending. I watched it, so you don't have to.


Cool World (1992) Trailer

No comments: