Thursday, February 23, 2017

The Descent (2005)

Director: Neil Marshall

Stars: Shauna Macdonald, Natalie Mendoza, Alex Reid, MyAnna Buring, Saskia Mulder, Nora-Jane Noone

A caving expedition goes horribly wrong, as the explorers become trapped and ultimately pursued by a strange breed of predators.

If you are claustrophobic, then this is the horror movie for you. The movie is mostly these women in tight close places inside a cave. There is no way in hell that I am going spelunking. I have seen video and read stories about people getting hurt or killed doing that. The thought of it gives me nightmares. Tight spaces do not bother me. It is the thought of falling or hurting myself, and I am in a cave. That will make matters worse. I say no thank you. I do not care, if there is a mound of gold at the bottom. I would rob the person that went down there when they can back up. It all frightens me.

Now, all of these women are stupid for doing this. You will see. Was there not a bar to go to or a spa? That sounds like a better girls weekend. Some of these women have issues, and you are going to trust these borderline messed up women to make sure that you are safe. I hope one of them decides that it is your day to die. Just think of that one. A group of will have drama come up, so you do not want to be down a deep ass cave when something comes up.

The movie is good. It makes you feel tight throated and cold. It is so easy to place yourself in this movie. It is filmed so well to make the viewer feel what these woman are feeling. Those humanoids that are hiding in the cave that will kill you and eat you that no one even knows about. They are scary. It is like being out in the middle of nowhere, and you stumble upon some creature that no one knows about. You are all alone in the woods to deal with it. Only this time you are deep down in a dark ass cave with only your strength to pull you up. I would be dead first.

The creation for these creatures in the movies are complete body suits, so you know that is hot and hard to deal with, but they look great. They look like something that is either from another world or hell. It is those razor teeth that is the worst part of them.

I liked this movie. This is one of those movies that the more you watch it, then the more you like it. Is it not funny how that happens? This is maybe even a movie that you would want to add to your collection. Enjoy.
















The Descent (2005) Trailer

No comments: