Friday, February 17, 2017

Night of the Living Deb (2015)

Director: Kyle Rankin

Stars: Maria Thayer, Michael Cassidy, Julie Brister, Chris Marquette, Ray Wise

Deb wakes up on the Fourth of July in the apartment of the most attractive man she has ever seen. An awkward walk of shame turns ugly when they discover the town has been overrun by a zombie virus, and the duo has to band together to survive.

I thought this was going to be one of the dumbest movies just trying to get some money off the tail end of the whole zombie tend, but I was really pleasantly surprised by how good this movie is. I know it is not one of the best movies out there, but when you are expecting the worst, it is nice when the movie is pretty good.

This was a pretty funny movie for what it is. The cast is what really made this movie. Maria Thayer, from Strangers with Candy, was so funny and weird in this movie. She was the type of woman that I would hang out with. The rest of the cast was fine, but I feel that this was a movie for her that did not do that well. She never really took off like I thought she would.

There are special effects in this movie, and they are not bad at all. They looked really good, but that was not what the movie was about. It was not a horror movie at all. It is just way too funny for that.

I liked this movie. It was so much better than I thought it would be. If you have not seen this movie, then you should give this movie a chance. It is worth it. Enjoy.

Night of the Living Deb (2015) Trailer

No comments: