Friday, February 3, 2017

Everybody Wants Some!! (2016)

Director: Richard Linklater

Stars: Blake Jenner, Tyler Hoechlin, Ryan Guzman, Juston Street

Freshman Jake is the newest addition to the baseball team at a small Texas college, and he is quickly swept up in the rowdy, competitive atmosphere of the house where the entire squad lives. As he and the other players crash one party after the next in search of a good time, he finds himself falling in love with an artsy student named Beverly.

This was supposed to be the kind of a sequel to Dazed and Confused, but it was just about a college freshmen trying to fit in on campus, his new baseball team and a fraternity. Dazed and Confused: The College Years is basically what this movie is, except the kids are not cool at all anymore. The cooler kids are mostly still in their hometown living or have ran out west and joined a cult. In this movie the kids are just looking to party and get laid. They are not looking at any social issues at all. They are the future conservative right wing people that become too old to have fun.

The kids in this movie is all about going to bars and getting laid. That is the movie and how the kids acted. I wanted so much more from this movie. I really like Richard Linklater. I think many of his movies are brilliant or at least really interesting. When I heard that this movie was actually going to happen I was really looking forward for it to come out. I was just disappointed in this movie for all reasons.

I love this time period. The early 80's was of the best time for pop culture. The clothes were really cook and tight to the body. The short were short, like they are suppose to be. The music was amazing. The guys in this movie were more attractive and hotter than the ones in the "first" movie. The girl had the make-up and feathered hair. He had it all down flat. Every part of the movie and the sets made you feel like you were in that time period. Richard Linklater always gets all of that right.

It was the lack of an interesting story that what was wrong with the movie for me. Some of the conversations did not seem real to me. Several of the conversations seemed forced. Linklater's work is normally better than that. Many conversation with the guys was about getting a date or getting laid, when they were not talking about baseball. All of the stories were just lost on me. I was just disappointed in this movie.

I really do not recommend anyone to what this movie. I just thought it was over rated. The cast was not that great. He could have found better guys for the movie. I am not a fan of movies about teenage college students parting in bars. I know many of you will watch this movie, Tell me what you think of it. Enjoy.

Everybody Wants Some!! (2016) Trailer

No comments: