Thursday, February 23, 2017

Epic (2013)

Director: Chris Wedge

Stars: Amanda Seyfried, Josh Hutcherson, Beyoncé Knowles, Blake Anderson, Aziz Ansari, Colin Farrell

Mary Katherine is a headstrong, spirited teenager who has a strained relationship with her father. She loses patience with her dad's tales of unseen people who live in the woods, but when she is magically transported to that mythic realm, she gains new perspective. M.K. joins a race of beings known as the Leafmen in their battle to protect their queen from their enemies, evil Mandrake and his crew of Boggans.

This is not a good animated feature in my book. I was just not that impressed with it at all. Now don't get me wrong, this movie looks great. The animation is wonderful and flawless. It was the story is what I was not that impressed with. There has already been a few cartoons like this made. Just look for yourself. It was not an original story at all.

The main problem for me was the music. I hate to watch a cartoon and there is modern pop music all through it. There is nothing worse than that. I know this was not created by Disney with original music created for the movie. It seemed like they just looked to see what songs they had to use, and they tried to write a script around the music or make it fit for the movie. It just does not go with the storyline at all. It just all seemed forced to make it work.

They have a good cast for the movie, but it is just voice over work. It does make a difference. Beyoncé Knowles was the problem with this movie for me. I know they really just wanted someone that could do the voice work and sing songs rather well. This is just my opinion, but I think she is the most overrated person in entertainment.

Young kids will like this movie, since that whom it was really made for. It was just not for me at all. The movie just tried way too hard to be new and trendy for kids. Watch this movie if you must. You may really like it. Enjoy. 

Epic (2013) Trailer

No comments: