Tuesday, January 10, 2017

My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002)

Director: Joel Zwick

Stars: Nia Vardalos, John Corbett, Michael Constantine, Lainie Kazan, Andrea Martin, Joey Fatone

Everyone in the Portokalos family worries about Toula. Still unmarried at 30 years old, she works at Dancing Zorba's, the Greek restaurant owned by her parents, Gus and Maria. After taking a job at her aunt's travel agency, she falls in love with Ian Miller, a teacher who is tall, handsome and definitely not Greek.

This was the first script that Nia Vardalos wrote and was produced for the movie. For this to be her first movie, she had a hit on her hands. The movie had one of the best talented cast that a person could ask for their first movie. This movie made a ton of money. The odd part about this movie is the amount of people that hate it. I was a secret fan of the movie. Well, now it's public....lol.

The script was so well written and simple. It is just mainly the story of a Greek family and how they operate around one another. The family has to deal with their daughter's wedding, so the drama starts. The way the interaction with the members in the family was written was what made the movie for me. The dialogue was funny and heartfelt. I wanted to be a member of that crazy family. I loved it.

The cast was wonderful. We were introduced to Nia Vardalos, which she was great at playing her role. Even though, it might have been more like just playing her real life, but it was still good. Lainie Kazan was amazing as she always is. She is the best at portraying the mother in any movie. Andrea Martin does no wrong in my book. She is always funny and entertaining as hell. Joey Fatone was the real surprise to see in this movie, but he was good at the part. Who knew that he could kind of act. I had my doubts about him.


I really did like this movie. I think that people really need to give this movie a second chance. I think that it is even worthy to be added to your own movie collection. It is a fun sweet movie to watch. Enjoy.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002) Trailer

No comments: