Monday, January 9, 2017

Everest (2015)

Director: Baltasar Kormákur

Stars: Jason Clarke, Ang Phula Sherpa, Thomas M. Wright, Martin Henderson, Tom Goodman-Hill, Emily Watson, Sam Worthington, Keira Knightley, Josh Brolin, Jake Gyllenhaal, Robin Wright

On the morning of May 10, 1996, climbers from two commercial expeditions start their final ascent toward the summit of Mount Everest, the highest point on Earth. With little warning, a violent storm strikes the mountain, engulfing the adventurers in one of the fiercest blizzards ever encountered by man. Challenged by the harshest conditions imaginable, the teams must endure blistering winds and freezing temperatures in an epic battle to survive against nearly impossible odds.

This was a pretty good movie. The bad part about the movie was that it was a true story. This stuff really happened that they showed in the movie. That is the scary part. I will never go mountain climbing or anything even like it.

All of the actions scenes in this movie looks like it was filmed on location, and all of it really happened to them. It all looked so good in the movie. You almost felt cold watching this movie. The cast in the movie was great. I was surprised by how many bigger names were in this movie. I really had no complaints with this movie at all.

Again, there is no way that I would spend $65,000 for a tour to climb Mt Everest. That is a lot of money. I mean it looked fun going to all of the camps at the different altitudes. That seemed alright. It is when you really start to get up on the mountain, and you start to see dead, frozen bodies on the side of the trail that I'm out. That is all it would take to get me off that mountain. I would not want to be the next frozen statue on the trail. That is just a scary thought. They you see what happened to some of the hikers in the movie. Nope, not me.

I liked this movie. It was much better than I thought it was going to be. It is a slow moving at first, but it gets going then you want it to stop. There are some crazy scene in this movie. Enjoy.

Everest (2015) Trailer

No comments: