Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Grudge Match (2013)

Director: Peter Segal

Stars: Robert De Niro, Sylvester Stallone, Kim Basinger, Rich Little, Kevin Hart, Alan Arkin, Jon Bernthal, LL Cool J, Michael Buffer

Pittsburgh boxers Billy "The Kid" McDonnen and Henry "Razor" Sharp shared a fierce rivalry back in the 1980s. Each had scored a victory in two matches, but on the eve of their decisive third bout, Henry suddenly announced his retirement, effectively ending both boxers' careers. Thirty years later, boxing promoter Dante Slate Jr. makes Billy and Henry an offer they can't refuse. They return to the ring and settle the score once and for all.

I was really surprised by how good this movie was. There were several times that it was even funny. Of course, that had a lot to do with the cast. The funny ones were not the ones that you would think, and it was just my opinion.

The movie has a great cast. Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone were interesting allies. I just do not picture them in a movie together. I think De Niro is such a better actor than the rest. I was wondering what happened to Kim Basinger, okay I wasn't. No one really was, but it was a nice surprised to see her in this movie. Kevin Hart was annoying as ever. I just do not see what people see in him. It is the same joke and routine every single time. The same high pitch squeals  and jokes all the time. It gets really old. Alan Arkin was the true shining comedic star of the movie. He had the best lines, since he is one of the best actors in the movie.

I was just really surprised by how much I liked this movie. It was so much better than I thought it would be. I mean, the trailer did not look that great. This is a good movie to watch. Enjoy.

Grudge Match (2013) Trailer

No comments: