Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Under Our Skin (2008)

Director: Andy Abrahams Wilson

Stars: Mandy Hughes, Sean Hughes, Dana Walsh

A gripping tale of microbes, medicine and money, "Under Our Skin" exposes the hidden story of Lyme disease, one of the most controversial and fastest growing epidemics of our time. Each year, thousands go undiagnosed or misdiagnosed, often told that their symptoms are "all in their head." Following the stories of patients and physicians fighting for their lives and livelihoods, the film brings into focus a haunting picture of the health care system and a medical establishment all too willing to put profits ahead of patients.

I had no idea that here was this huge issue on the treatment of Lyme disease. Who knew that there was one side that was actually helping and treating people, and there is another side that still claims that these people have nothing wrong with them or that it is quickly fixed. This is the dumbest argument. I know that money and patents are more important for the medical community than treating people. It is sickening how these doctors in this country act.

This documentary made my skin crawl, and I am not lying at all. The whole time watching this I felt something on me. Ticks completely freak me out. I hate them. I do not go out into the woods because of them. Now after watching this, good luck getting me out in a forest. It isn't happening.


This movie was so well made and informative. To hear these poor people's stories, and to learn how this disease as affected their life makes you more appreciative about your own health. Be grateful that you do not have to deal with these health problems. Enjoy.
Under Our Skin (2008) Trailer

No comments: