Tuesday, November 29, 2016

This Is 40 (2012)

Director: Judd Apatow

Stars: Paul Rudd, Leslie Mann, Maude Apatow, Iris Apatow, Jason Segel, Megan Fox, Graham Parker

After many years of marriage, Pete is the sole male in a household that includes his wife, Debbie, and two young daughters. As Pete struggles to keep his record label afloat, he and Debbie navigate a three-week course of sex and romance, career victories and financial hardships, aging parents and maturing children. They'll have to learn to forgive, forget and enjoy the rest of their lives, before they kill each other.

There were several parts of this movie that I could completely identify with the characters. I am not married, and I do not have kids. I understand the age part of this movie and how everything seems to change for the better and the worse. Turning 40 is the worst. It's got to be. You are becoming middle aged and the whole body goes downhill. They portray this in the movie. You really feel for the characters dealing with getting older, especially the difficulty for a woman turning 40. That is really hard.

The one main problem with this movie was the fact that it was just too long. Why was it really over 2 hours long? That is way too long for a comedy. This movie had some great funny moments, but those moments were not throughout the entire movie. They were just scattered through the movie. Some of the jokes just fell flat to me.

I loved the cast. Paul Rudd was great in the movie. He was that older middle aged cool guy that all other look over and ignore. Leslie Mann was really cute in this movie. Her character was a bit annoying at times, but she was also charming in an odd way as well. She seemed like a woman that you might want to hang out with. Jason Segel was just lost in this movie. I did not understand his point in the movie. At first, I thought he was going to have an affair with her, but he was just kind of there making sexual comments.


I looked this movie. It was better than I thought it would be. It is well worth watching once, but I do not see this movie as a rewatcher. It maybe for some people. I just do not see it. If you have not seen it, then I think you should give it a chance and watch it. Enjoy.

This Is 40 (2012) Trailer

No comments: