Thursday, November 3, 2016

The Lion King (1994)

Directors: Roger Allers, Rob Minkoff

Stars: Matthew Broderick, Jeremy Irons, James Earl Jones, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Nathan Lane, Robert Guillaume, Rowan Atkinson, Madge Sinclair, Whoopi Goldberg, Cheech Marin

This Disney animated feature follows the adventures of the young lion Simba, the heir of his father, Mufasa. Simba's wicked uncle, Scar, plots to usurp Mufasa's throne by luring father and son into a stampede of wildebeests. But Simba escapes, and only Mufasa is killed. Simba returns as an adult to take back his homeland from Scar with the help of his friends Timon and Pumbaa.

This was not one of my favorite Disney animated movies. Don't get me wrong. It is good, but there just were parts of it for me that was not that great. That is really hard to say, since I love Disney so much.

The voice cast for this movie was star studded. It was some great talent for that area. The talent did not take away from the movie. There were a few times that the star came through the character, but not that many times.

The music for the movie was great. It was all written by Elton John. He was paid a million dollars per song, so he wrote 12 to 14 songs for the movie. They paid him. As I started the movie, I noticed that it was someone else singing the songs through the movie. I really thought that Elton John sang the songs on the movie as well as the soundtrack, but I was wrong on that one. The people that did perform the songs did a great job on the songs and music. There was just a few of the songs that I thought were a little dumb.


I liked this movie for the most part. It just was not my favorite of the Disney animated movies. It is one to add to your collection though. It is worth that. This was one of the most popular movies. Enjoy.

The Lion King (1994) Trailer

No comments: