Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Deadpool (2016)

Director: Tim Miller

Stars: Ryan Reynolds, Morena Baccarin, T.J. Miller

This is the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson, who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the man who nearly destroyed his life.

I was so scared that they were going to make this movie more for kids and ruin everything about the character. It's Hollywood, so you know that there is a big chance in that. I was so surprised that they made this for adults. I was so pleased. They did what they always do and tell the real back story on the character, then go on from there.

The story and the script was well written and entertaining. It was dirty, filthy and offensive. I loved it. It was all tongue and cheek filled with sexual references and smartass comments. Ryan Reynolds really brought this character to life. He was great in it. He naturally has that whole sarcastic tone to his voice that it makes him seem more funny than he is. The script was really funny though, so with Ryan Reynolds being the character, it just made it even better. He was behind a mask most of the time. It still all work.

The action and the stunts in this movie were pretty amazing. They looked so great and seamlessly created. The special effects were awesome. The only real problem I had with the movie was the creation of Colossus. Why in the hell did they make him a CGI character? Was the hot guy that played him in the X-men movies busy? I'm sure he was free to play the part. I was excited to see the character, because I thought that that guy was going to be in the movie. I was wrong.


This was one of the best Marvel movies that I have seen so far. I was blown away by how good this movie was. I cannot wait for the next one to come out. This is a movie to add to your collection. Enjoy.

Deadpool (2016) Trailer

No comments: