Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Boss (2016)

Director: Ben Falcone

Stars: Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Bell, Peter Dinklage, Tyler Labine, Kathy Bates

Wealthy CEO Michelle Darnell always gets her way, until she's busted for insider trading and sent to federal prison. After leaving jail, Darnell finds herself broke, homeless and hated. Luckily, she tracks down former assistant Claire, the only person who's willing to help. While staying with Claire and her young daughter, the ex-con devises a new business model for a brownie empire. Unfortunately, some old enemies stand in the way of her return to the top.

This movie received mostly terrible reviews. I watched it any way just to see for myself. I think that they are mostly wrong. It was a funny movie. There is mostly pretty dark, black and rude humor all in this movie. That is my kind of humor though. The most sick, twisted and wrong the jokes are the more I like it.

I really did like the cast. Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Bell played off one another very well. I was worried how the two of them would work together, but they were funny. Kathy Bates was good in this movie, even though she was not in the movie very long. The odd part of the movie was Peter Dinklage. Why is he in comedies? I just do not get it. For this movie, it was the romantic match up of an overweight woman with a male little person. Because that is funny? I think Hollywood uses him in movie as more of a comic relief for movie instead of his acting. I mean they use his height as more of a joke. That is rude, but he is making the money for it.


This is a good movie. I say give it a shot. I laughed through it. Like I said, it was so much better than I thought it was going to be. This one is better than some of the other movies. Enjoy.

The Boss (2016) Trailer

No comments: