Thursday, September 22, 2016

This Is Where I Leave You (2014)

Director: Shawn Levy

Stars: Jason Bateman, Tina Fey, Jane Fonda, Adam Driver, Rose Byrne, Connie Britton, Timothy Olyphant

When their father passes away, four grown siblings, bruised and banged up by their respective adult lives, are forced to return to their childhood home and live under the same roof together for a week, along with their over-sharing mother and an assortment of spouses, exes and might-have-beens. Confronting their history and the frayed states of their relationships among the people who know and love them best, they ultimately reconnect in hysterical and emotionally affecting ways amid the chaos, humor, heartache and redemption that only families can provide-driving us insane even as they remind us of our truest, and often best, selves.

I really did not have any opinion of this movie at all. It was good, but it was not as funny as I wanted it to be. There were some really funny scenes, but the rest was still good and watchable. It is a good story about a modern family. It was well written with an incredible cast. You know some of these characters.

Jason Bateman and Tina Fey were great as brother and sister, but I wanted more mean verbal play from each one of them. They were great in the movie I just wanted more. It was the same with Jane Fonda. I wanted to see her more in the movie. She was great in the movie. Connie Britton was forgettable. Anyone could have played that role. I think she is way over rated. Timothy Olyphant's character was sweet and such a wonderful surprise. I just was not expecting this in the movie.

This movie is worth watching. It is not the best, but is it pretty funny. The title alone made me want to watch it. I loved the title. Give this movie a chance, if you have not seen it. Enjoy.

This Is Where I Leave You (2014) Trailer

No comments: