Friday, September 23, 2016

The Fault in Our Stars (2014)

Director: Josh Boone

Stars: Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort, Nat Wolff, Laura Dern, Sam Trammell, Willem Dafoe

Hazel Grace Lancaster, a 16-year-old cancer patient, meets and falls in love with Gus Waters, a similarly afflicted teen from her cancer support group. Hazel feels that Gus really understands her. They both share the same acerbic wit and a love of books, especially Grace's touchstone, "An Imperial Affliction" by Peter Van Houten. When Gus scores an invitation to meet the reclusive author, he and Hazel embark on the adventure of their brief lives.

This is a review of the movie and not the book. Now that being said, this was actually a really good movie. You could predict almost every single moment in the movie, for the most part. I will not spoil anything for anyone. I was a bit embarrassed that I liked this movie. It is something that I normally would not watch at all. It is not my type of movie. I try not to watch anything with a teenage theme. This movie was something else though. It was sweet story, and the script was well written.

The cast was the best part of the movie. Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort were complete nobodies to me, but they were both great in their role. The way they look at one another you believed that something was happening between them. One of the main reasons for me to watch the movie was that Laura Dern played her mother in it. I love her. She is one of the best actresses.


This movie is really sweet, but it is also sad. I'm just warning you of that. It is worth watching. I want to read the book now. This is a movie to give a chance and watch it. You just may be surprise that you liked it. Enjoy.

The Fault in Our Stars (2014) Trailer

No comments: