Friday, September 30, 2016

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (2016)

Director: Dave Green

Stars: Megan Fox, Will Arnett, Tyler Perry, Laura Linney, Brian Tee, Brad Garrett, Tony Shalhoub

The turtles face a new challenge when Shredder escapes from custody and joins forces with Baxter Stockman, a mad scientist who plans to use a serum to take over the world. Along for the ride are Bebop and Rocksteady, two dimwitted henchmen who provide plenty of muscle. Luckily, the turtles have their own allies in April O'Neil, Vernon Fenwick and Casey Jones, a hockey-masked vigilante. As the pizza-loving heroes prepare for battle, the notorious Krang also emerges to pose an even greater threat.

I was not a fan of the toys or the cartoons of TMNT. I have never even seen the original movies. I only watched this movie because I was other people. They wanted to see it. For a child, I can understand why they would like this movie. It was made for a younger audience, even though they did add a few lines that would be more for adults or teenagers. The bright colors and the cartoon like characters are something that children are drawn to.

The biggest part of this movie's budget was in all of the CGI work included in it. I mean 90% of all of the scenes had some form of CGI work on it. Half of the characters were CGI. The work was really good. The characters looked smooth and clean. When they first introduced Bebop and Rocksteady as people, even I knew better than that. They changed them though. I was so glad.
The story for the movie was one that they could enter in familiar characters to the movie that were left out of the first movie. It was a more simple story to make room for all of the special effects. The movie was filled with them. The movie looked great from all of the work that was put into. I just sat there thinking, while watching the movie, wondering how hard it must have been to get all of the pieces together to make the movie work.

The biggest surprise of the movie was seeing Laura Linney in it. She is a great actress. I guess she needed the money or something. She normally does not do movies like this at all. She does more serious roles. Well, she was the most serious in this movie.

This is a great movie for young kids to watch and families. Like I said, there are a few lines that are not really for kids, but I think that most kids will over look it. I'm sure that too many of them have heard worse. Give the movie a chance with your kids. They will like it. Enjoy.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (2016) Trailer

No comments: