Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Hitchcock (2012)

Director: Sacha Gervasi

Stars: Anthony Hopkins, Helen Mirren, Scarlett Johansson, Danny Huston, Toni Collette, Jessica Biel, James D'Arcy, Kurtwood Smith

In 1959, Alfred Hitchcock and his wife, Alma Reville, are at the top of their creative game as filmmakers amid disquieting insinuations about it being time to retire. To recapture his youth's artistic daring, Alfred decides his next film will adapt the lurid horror novel, Psycho (1960), over everyone's misgivings. Unfortunately, as Alfred self-finances and labors on this film, Alma finally loses patience with his roving eye and controlling habits with his actresses. When an ambitious friend lures her to collaborate on a work of their own, the resulting marital tension colors Alfred's work even as the novel's inspiration haunts his dreams.

I am a huge Hitchcock fan, so I was excited to see that there was a biopic coming out, but it was a movie about what was going on during the making of Psycho. That was interesting and all, but I wanted to know more about his personal life and his family, even his work and career. We did not get what I was hoping for at all.

The look and the feel of the movie was great. The cast was wonderful in their roles. I was surprised how well Anthony Hopkins was at playing Hitchcock. I have no doubt in his ability, but this is a larger than life person to portray. The rest of the cast was perfectly fine. There was one other person that really stood out for me. It was Toni Collette. I know that she was not in the movie as much as the others, but when I think about the movie, she is the first person that pops into my mind. She is always so good in all that she does.

I liked this movie. I thought it was very interesting, and the pace of the movie or story did not drag out too long. I just do not think that I would watch this movie again. It is worth watching once, but that is all. Enjoy.

Hitchcock (2012) Trailer

No comments: