Monday, September 26, 2016

31 (2016)

Director: Rob Zombie

Stars: Malcolm McDowell, Richard Brake, Jeff Daniel Phillips, Meg Foster, Sheri Moon Zombie, Elizabeth Daily

The day before Halloween, five carnival employees are kidnapped & held hostage in an isolated compound known as "Murderworld". On Halloween, they are thrown into a sadistic game called "31" where they must survive 12 hours against a gang of maniacs dressed like clowns. However, the clowns aren't the only ones they need to worry about. There is a grand scheme of satanic rituals & a much more sadistic plot awakens. It's time to play 31.

It seems like every single movie that Rob Zombie makes, it is worse than the one before. That last movie was unwatchable, so I had very little hopes in this movie. If you have not seen this movie yet, trust me, you have seen it. This movie was a mixture of Hostel, Saw and other movies. It seems like he took several different stories, ripped out sections of them all, and pieced the sections together until it made a movie. We have seen it all before many times over.

The early pictures from this movie was showing clowns as the killers. I thought that would be great to see, since it has never been done properly. The "clowns" in this movie were some of the most stupid that I have seen. I was waiting for them to start playing bad metal rap music. That was what it all seemed like. The "victims" in the movie were nothing but trash. You want to have someone to root for in a movie. I didn't care if they all died. I didn't like any of them. They were also the ugliest cast of actors that I have since in a movie, since the movie Gummo.

Why in the hell was there a little person dressed like little Hitler in this movie. It made no sense at all. I understand what he was trying to do. He wanted that oddness and that shock humor added to the movie. In my opinion, it just came off as stupid with no point to it at all. It seemed forced than natural.

Sheri Moon Zombie acts the same or similar in every role. This is why she mainly old does her husband's movies. She kind of sucks, but she had no problem being naked. Elizabeth Daily or E.G. Daily as I know her was a wonderful surprise to see in this movie. That was the best part of the movie for me. I remember her from the late 80's. She was in some movies then, and she was a singer. The rest of the cast was okay.


This movie was a complete miss for me in my point of view. It was the same movie over and over again. It looks like he is just making the same movie just making a few changes. I just was not impressed at all. I would skip this movie. I may just have become desensitized to all of the violence, but this movie just sat there for me. I watched it, so you don't have to.

31 (2016) Trailer

No comments: