Friday, June 10, 2016

Ride Along 2 (2016)

Director: Tim Story

Stars: Ice Cube, Kevin Hart, Tika Sumpter, Benjamin Bratt, Ken Jeong, Bruce McGill, Sherri Shepherd

As his wedding day approaches, Ben heads to Miami with his soon-to-be brother-in-law James to bring down a drug dealer who's supplying the dealers of Atlanta with product.

Here is a sequel to a movie that really did not need one or even deserve one. I know movies like this are made for the masses. It is made for married or coupled middle-aged males that are from the suburbs. That is the target audience, which there are tons and tons of them. A movie like this will always do well. It is good for a good cheap laugh.

The problem that I had for the movie was the cast. I have no problem at all with Ice Cube. I like him in movies for the most part. Kevin Hart is the problem that I have with this movie. I will never understand why he is in movies. That high pitched woman's screech that he has would hurt a deaf man. He acts the same in every single role that he is in. It is like they just write the part around his stand-up act. Then you have Ken Jeong in another movie. Where in the hell did he really come from. He sucks just as well. It is like they went to a frat house to see who should be in the movie, or they were the ones that screened it. I just do not get it at all.


This movie was just not worth wasting the time watching it, but that is my opinion. I am not a fan of these types of movies at all. They are just not that good to me at all. I know there will be a lot of people that will love this movie, and that is great. We all have different taste. Enjoy.



Ride Along 2 (2016) Trailer

No comments: