Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Goosebumps (2015)

Director: Rob Letterman

Stars: Jack Black, Dylan Minnette, Odeya Rush, Ken Marino

Upset about moving from a big city to a small town, teenager Zach Cooper finds a silver lining when he meets the beautiful girl, Hannah, living right next door. But every silver lining has a cloud, and Zach's comes when he learns that Hannah has a mysterious dad who is revealed to be R. L. Stine, the author of the bestselling Goosebumps series. It turns out that there is a reason why Stine is so strange... he is a prisoner of his own imagination - the monsters that his books made famous are real, and Stine protects his readers by keeping them locked up in their books. When Zach unintentionally unleashes the monsters from their manuscripts and they begin to terrorize the town, it's suddenly up to Stine, Zach, Hannah, and Zach's friend Champ to get all of them back in the books where they belong.

I was not raised with reading the Goosebumps books, I was too old for them. That is what I thought. I would have loved to have read these books when I was young. I was really into monsters, so this movie speaks to that part of me. A series of books that deals with monsters seems like a great idea.

This movie was so much fun and great for the whole family to watch together. You get to see all of the monsters and creatures from each of the books on Earth chasing their creator and a few kids. That alone makes for a good movie. Of course this movie was full of special effects, but they were created so well. The look of each of the monsters and creatures were almost perfect. They were not too scary for kids to watch. I thought the monsters were great, but I just wish that this had been a series instead of a movies that way each one of the monsters had longer screen time.


Like I said, I thought this was a great movie. It had it all. The acting was good for what it was, even though Jack Black was in it. He is over rated. It is a movie that I would watch again, and the kids may want to even add it to the home movie library. You just never know. Enjoy.


Goosebumps (2015) Trailer

No comments: