Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Flight (2012)

Director: Robert Zemeckis

Stars: Denzel Washington, Nadine Velazquez, Don Cheadle

Whip Whitaker is a commuter airline pilot. While on a flight from Orlando to Atlanta something goes wrong and the plane starts to fly erratically. With little choice Whip crashes the plane and saves almost all on board. When he wakes up in the hospital, his friend from the airline union introduces him to a lawyer who tells him there's a chance he could face criminal charges because his blood test reveals that he was intoxicated with alcohol and cocaine. He denies being impaired, so while an investigation is underway, he is told to keep his act together. However, letting go of his addiction will not be as easy as it seems.

This was another one of those movie that I had no interest in watching at all. It was mainly because of what I thought the movie was about. I was wrong. I thought the movie was going to be about a pilot and some plane that he landed safely. Well, I was completely wrong about that one. That was what I mainly saw about the movie though, so I did not understand why it was getting so much praise. The movie was being nominated for so many awards, so I was lost. I figured it out while I was watching the movie. I was really impressed with the movie.

First of all, the movie had  Robert Zemeckis directing, so right off the bat there was a pretty good chance that it was going to be a good movie. Denzel Washington normally is the hero or the good guy in most of his movies. It was a great to see him as a bad man. Okay, he was mainly a man that made lots of bad decisions in his life that created this for himself. He was great in the role. The entire cast was really good. I really had no problems with this movie at all. The story seemed like something that probably really has happened at some point, but the story never made the news.


This was a good movie. I would recommend this movie to anyone to watch. It may not be for all ages, but I was watching stuff like this at an early age. If you have not watched this movie for some reason, then stop and give it a chance. I did. Enjoy.

Flight (2012) Trailer

No comments: