Monday, March 14, 2016

Jeepers Creepers (2001)

Director: Victor Salva

Stars: Gina Philips, Justin Long, Jonathan Breck, Patricia Belcher, Eileen Brennan, Tom Tarantini

On their way back home during the spring break, Darry and Patricia Jenner witness a mysterious person dumping something down a tunnel. Deciding to discover what was dumped down there, Darry discovers a huge disturbing hideout full of modified bodies. Darry and Patricia set off to get help, unaware that the individual is now aware of who has been down the tunnel. Darry and Patricia soon realizes that their pursuer is not just a mysterious person, but something even more horrifying, who has more in store than they could possibly imagine.

The first time that I watched this movie I was disappointed. I watched it again, and it became one of my favorite movies. The beginning of the movie is pretty cool and seems to be setting up this twisted bloodbath of a movie or one of the cheesiest flop you could see. It really goes both ways. When you get to the middle it starts to get a bit weird with the psychic woman entering the story. The rest gets pretty interesting for a horror movie. I loved it.

The cast for the movie was really good. I really no complaints at all, except one. It is not really a complaint though. It is more flattery than anything else. Patricia Belcher, who played Jezelle Gay Hartman, was the best and the worst in the movie. Her character was a bit annoying at first. Her acting is a bit bad in this movie, but I got to where her scenes were some of my favorites because they were so bad. It was just something about her presence in the movie that made it work better in a bad way, if that makes any sense. The beloved and missed Eileen Brennan was the crazy cay lady. It was great to see her in a movie. Like I said, the rest of the cast was good, but it was these two ladies that really stood out for me.


This is one of those movies that you can watch over and over again. I know I have. It is just great. It is not scary at all, but the make-up work was pretty good. That demon was gross and a little scary. Nothing that you want to meet on a county road at night. This is a movie to own. I think so. Enjoy.

Jeepers Creepers (2001) Trailer

No comments: