Thursday, March 10, 2016

Crimson Peak (2015)

Director: Guillermo del Toro

Stars: Mia Wasikowska, Jessica Chastain, Tom Hiddleston, Charlie Hunnam

After marrying the charming and seductive Sir Thomas Sharpe, young Edith finds herself swept away to his remote gothic mansion in the English hills. Also living there is Lady Lucille, Thomas' alluring sister and protector of her family's dark secrets. Able to communicate with the dead, Edith tries to decipher the mystery behind the ghostly visions that haunt her new home. As she comes closer to the truth, Edith may learn that true monsters are made of flesh and blood.

This was a beautifully made movie. The sets and the costumes set the period and the tone for the whole movie. It is just sad that the movie did not live up to its potential. The was a really slow and at times boring movie.

I'm a big fan of del Toro. His movie are always full of meaning and wonderfully shot. They are works of art in themselves. I just do not know what happened to this one. It was almost all there. The look of the movie was flawless. The characters were interesting. The story is what some of the problem was, I think. The story was a bit flat. There was not enough in the movie to keep you excited to keep you glue on every bit of the movie. It was too slow and flat. I know he wanted the house to be one of the main characters of the movie, but I did not see it. The house looked amazing, but I really did not see it as a character.


I was really looking forward to watching this movie as soon as I heard about it. Like I said, the movie looked great and the cast was good. Everything else just fell short. This movie was so hard to watch. It was just disappointing work from a great director. I would skip this movie. It is not really worth the time. I watch it, so you don't have to. 



Crimson Peak (2015) Trailer

No comments: