Friday, March 4, 2016

Adult World (2013)

Director: Scott Coffey

Stars: Emma Roberts, Evan Peters, John Cusack, Cloris Leachman

Amy is an aspiring poet that her parents has softly pushed her into the adult world, so she takes a job as a clerk at an adult bookstore. She meets her contemptuous literary idol, Rat Billings, at a book signing. She does everything that she can to be made his protégé.

This movie was nothing but a sleeper. I had never even heard of it before. It is a pretty good movie that deals with the worst point in life, the adult world. This is the time after college and having to pay your own way in life. Being a teenager is so much easier with more freedom. You just never realize it until it is gone. In the movie, you get to see Amy go through that transition. She is the typical young artist. She is all about her work and nothing else, and she cannot take negative criticism. Her character is a bit annoying at times, but I understand where she is coming from.

Emma Roberts and Evan Peters were fine in this movie. I am just so use to them in the American Horror Story. I just do not know of them outside of the show. This is the first thing that I have seen them in. Like I said, they were good, not great. John Cusack seemed like he was playing the same role that he does in every movie, himself. That is what is looks like. Cloris Leachman is only in two or three scenes, and that is it. I love her though, so I added her.


This is a decent movie. It is well worth watching. If you can find a way to watch this movie, you should do so. I think you will like it. You may even relate to it. Enjoy. 


Adult World (2013) Trailer

No comments: