Friday, February 26, 2016

Before I Go to Sleep (2014)

Director: Rowan Joffe

Stars: Nicole Kidman, Colin Firth, Mark Strong, Anne-Marie Duff

Forty-year-old Christine Lucas wakes up in bed with a man she does not know, in an unfamiliar house. The man explains that he is her husband, Ben, and that she suffered brain damage from a car accident ten years earlier. Christine wakes up every morning with no memory of her life from her early twenties onwards. Christine receives treatment from Dr. Nasch, a neurologist at a local hospital who provides her a camera to record her thoughts and progress each day, and calls her every morning to remind her to watch the video in the camera. Soon, she starts to discover the truth around her.

I was so surprised by this movie. I remember when the trailer starting coming out for it. It looked like a light form of Memento. Not at all. This movie had a great story line that is really hard to talk about without giving anything away. I will try not to.

The movie starts out a bit slow, but it starts to really pick up, and you get to start to figure the movie out for yourself. You get some clues. The story is a thriller. It keeps you guessing and trying to figure it all out. The cast was great. I'm not a big Nicole Kidman fan. She was great in this movie. You believed her performance. Colin Firth played his part very well in the movie.


This movie is a good watch. I really did enjoy the small rollercoaster that it took me on. I do not think that you will be disappointed watching this movie. Enjoy.

Before I Go to Sleep (2014) Trailer

No comments: