Thursday, August 6, 2015

It Follows (2014)

Director: David Robert Mitchell

Stars: Maika Monroe, Keir Gilchrist, Olivia Luccardi

Autumn should be about school, boys and week-ends out at the lake, but she is going on a date with Jay. But after a seemingly innocent sexual encounter with Jay, she finds herself plagued by strange visions and the inescapable sense that someone, something, is following her. Faced with this burden, Jay and her friends must find a way to escape the horrors, that seem to be only a few steps behind.
Mostly of what I read about this movie, is how much people love it or how great it is. I'm sorry. I just do not see it. The movie was slow and a bit dragging, but the concept of the story was good. It just did not play out very well on the screen for me.

The whole idea of you have an evil spirit that follows you around to try and kill you, but you can pass it on to another person by being intimate with them is pretty crazy. The spirit can look like anyone that you know or don't know works well for a creepy story. It just was not scary at all. There were a few parts that were a bit creepy, but that was all. I just wanted more out of this movie.

This movie is maybe worth watching once, but that is all I would give it. I just did not understand all of the praise that this movie received. It was okay at best. If you need to watch it, then by all means do so. I warned you though. Enjoy.




It Follows (2014) Trailer

No comments: