Thursday, May 7, 2015

ZMD: Zombies of Mass Destruction (2009)

Director: Kevin Hamedani

Stars: Janette Armand, Doug Fahl, Cooper Hopkins, Russell Hodgkinson, Cornelia Moore, James Mesher

At the island town of Port Gamble, Tom and Lance exit the fairy to have dinner with Tom's mother and come out to her. Frida is home from school dealing with the loser guy her dates and her Iranian father. A zombie virus has broke out in this small community, and no one knows. Tom and Lance hide in the church along with the mayor and a few other. The church doesn't like gay people. So they are kind of screwed. Frida is kidnapped by a nut job redneck that thinks she is a terrorist, and she knows these people. All hell is breaking loose in Port Gamble.

This movie was one of the more funny and entertaining zombie movies that I have seen in a long time. I thought this was just going to be some lame attempt to make money off the whole Walking Dead show. It is a low budget non-Hollywood movie, that works.

The funny is full of humor and gore. The killing of the zombies are so over the top that it is almost comical. There is fake blood and body parts all over the place. I loved it. There is nothing at all scary in this movie, except how the young gay couple is treated in the church. That was scary.

The only gayness in this movie is the couple. I think they only kiss once, but one is so period. The preacher and the mayor had something going on at one time I think, but they never go into it. You will see the part that I'm talking about.

I know this movie got a lot of bad reviews. I think you need to give this movie a chance. I did, and I liked it. There you go. You just never know when something is going to turn your head, Enjoy.

ZMD: Zombies of Mass Destruction (2009) Trailer



No comments: