Friday, May 1, 2015

Unbroken (2014)

Director: Angelina Jolie

Stars: Jack O'Connell, Takamasa Ishihara, Domhnall Gleeson, Jai Courtney

Louis Zamperini was a troubled kid that came from an Italian family living in a mostly white area in California. His brother started getting him into running track that lead to the Olympics. After the ceremony was over, he enlisted into the Air force during World War II. His plane was shot down over the ocean leaving only three survivors on a raft for almost 60 days. They were picked up by a Japanese Navy ship. Zamperini spends the rest of the war in a prison camp in Japan where he is beaten and tortured by the guards.

This is a true story about Louis Zamperini's life. He was a man who found the odds and rise up against challenges he faced. The movie and story is very inspiring for anyone watching it to not give up on life.

The cast was mostly newer people that do not have big names yet. The acting from these actors was outstanding. I do not know if anyone will become a break out actor from this movie, but at least there will be some character actors come out of this movie. The big name that was attached to this movie was Angelina Jolie who was the director. I am not a big fan of her. I think she is a decent actor, but I do not think she is near where people put her. As a director, she blew me away. The direction in this movie was wonderful. I did not want to stop watching the movie at all. I was completely interested in the story and the flow of the movie.
The actors that portrayed the Japanese soldiers were the best for this movie. You wanted them dead. You wanted the soldiers to rise up and kill them all. You believed that it was all real. The actors were very convincing in their roles.


Like I said, this movie was great. The look and creation of this movie took me by surprise. It was really hard to watch some of the scenes knowing that this poor young man had to endure this type of behavior. There was nothing to stop the pain and agony. I think you should give this movie a try. It was so much better than I thought it would be. Enjoy.



Unbroken (2014) Trailer

No comments: