Sunday, May 3, 2015

As Above, So Below (2014)

Director: John Erick Dowdle

Stars: Perdita Weeks, Ben Feldman, Edwin Hodge, François Civil

Scarlett takes a team to the catacombs under the streets of Paris to look for new archeology discoveries that her father was also working on. They have a guide that knows the underground tunnels of the city, but once they get down there they start taking the forbidden paths. This path leads then to their own person demons that they each must deal with.

This found footage movie takes you to Hell. Well, at least you are close to it. They keep on going further and further down in the ground. I thought were going to end up on the other side of the world. It's nuts.

I'm not the biggest fan of these movies. When I saw the trailer for this movie it looked like a big sleep and waste of time. I was very shocked by how good the movie was. The story was somewhat original with lots to see and experience around every turn. The movie makes you feel claustrophobic as hell. Those are some really narrow places they are going through. I just wondered how in the hell did they make this movie. It really did seem like they were in the catacombs. The scenes of "Hell" were pretty damn creepy at times.

I was impressed by this movie more than I thought I would be. It is a movie worth watching. You should give it a chance and see what you think of it. Enjoy.





As Above, So Below (2014) Trailer

No comments: