Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Town That Dreaded Sundown (2014)

Director: Alfonso Gomez-Rejon

Stars: Addison Timlin, Veronica Cartwright, Anthony Anderson, Gary Cole, Edward Herrmann, Denis O'Hare

It's 65 years later and the small town of Texarkana has a murder by the Phantom killer. Jami was with her boyfriend as he was stabbed to death by the killer. The town stops showing the movie at the local drive-ins. The town starts to shut down at night. The sheriff is looking for a man that has starting copycatting the Phantom murders. Jami becomes obsessed with the case starts investigating the case as well. The killer keeps sending her messages, since he spare her life.

I was not expecting this movie to worth erasing let alone watching, but I was wrong. the movie is not that bad at all. This was not a remake at all. This is just a continuation of the story. None of this movie is based on fact. The killing and gore was really amped up for this movie. I know it is a modern horror film and it needs to be that way. I know some people were still looking at the first film as the better, and I do agree with that.

The bad parts of the movie was that those two boys were going to have their "first" gay experience in the car. He could have waited to kill them. I mean it only happens one in your life or twice. The other part was the use of some of the same nicknames for some of the characters in the movie from the original one. I was a bit annoyed with that. You really have to pay attention to it, because the names are only said once. Other than that, I was not hating on this movie at all.

I know this movie will get a lot of hate throw at it, and I understand. I felt the same way when I heard about this movie. I think you might should give the movie a try. I was so much better than I thought it would be. Enjoy.

The Town That Dreaded Sundown (2014) Trailer

No comments: