Monday, March 30, 2015

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (2014)

Director: Francis Lawrence

Stars: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson, Donald Sutherland, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Julianne Moore, Jeffrey Wright, Elizabeth Banks, Stanley Tucci, Sam Claflin, Jena Malone

Now that the districts have been almost completely destroyed, Katniss Everdeen is in the underground bunker where President Alma Coin has her headquarters. The revolution needs Katniss to be the Mockingjay, the face of the Revolution. Katniss goes out to some of the districts with a camera crew to make propaganda for the other districts and the Capital to see. The Capital is using Peeta to try to convince Katniss in stopping the war against the Capital.

This is a review of the movie and not the book. The look of the movie is so much different than the previous movies. Even though there were darker dirtier scenes in the other movies, many of the scenes were brighter and colorful with beauty all around. This movie was mostly all different colors of gray. That was the main color palette with a little black thrown in for added plainness. With all of that said the look of the movie was flawless. The color of the movie was bland, but it really set all of the scenes for the movie. You could tell just by the color usage that there was not really going to be much of an uplifting scenes.

I was surprised by the added cast in this movie. The normal cast has been doing a really good job in their roles. To see Julianne Moore in this movie was a shocker. I think she is great in every movie she is in. I was just surprised to see her in this movie. I hate to say it, but she seemed a bit flat in this role, but I have not read the books, so I do not know how the character is supposed to act. I just like seeing her in bigger crazier roles.

I am ready for Part 2 to come out. This was a really good movie. I was not disappointed at all in this movie. There are a lot of haters out there about the movies, but I just ignore them. I think you should watch this one, if you liked the other ones. Enjoy.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (2014) Trailer

No comments: